Wednesday, October 15, 2003

I knew it was coming...

I knew it was coming, but it does not make me any less sad. My job with Evelyn is coming to a close. It is not official yet, but she is much more healthy now. She can walk without her walker and do pretty much everything for herself now. She is so happy! I am so happy for her, too. She has constantly been talking about "when she gets better" but I always thought, 'how could an 81 yr old woman get better'? She seemed so sick for SO long. I mean, for WEEKS before I started staying with her. But I sorda knew in the back of my head she would heal. She seems so young in spirit. So I am glad. Honestly and truly. And if only I didn't HAVE to make money, I could spend all my time with her for free. Jarrod said I got too attached to her instead of thinking of it as a job. He wasn't dissin on me, I mean he is right. But how can you not? If I didn't then I would think there was something wrong with me. I am just sad. Just sad for now, it will pass. But I am sad because I will miss her. I will miss the security of it, too. And I completely trust God to help me with my future endeavors, and I know all things are laid out for a purpose, but I still feel a tinge of nervousness. And regret.... for spending so much of the money as if this job would go on forever. But life is short and so am I.

No comments: