Friday, July 30, 2004

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers...

No, I am not singing this Garth Brooks song tonight. Today I am so excited because Jarrod had an interview with a new company. He may be getting a job where he does not drive anymore. He would be a dispatcher for a different courier company, and a boss over 27 people. The job will take 6 months of training just to learn it! He will get paid vacation and insurance, which he has never had with a job. It would be such an awesome opportunity for him and for us. I am so anxious for him to get it, I can hardly stand it. And it isn't even about money. It is about him having a job where he feels needed and probably would not dread going every day. I so want him to be happy with what he "does" and he has been talking for so long about having a job where he just drives to work and parks his truck instead of driving his truck 180-200 miles a day and spending $125 a week on gasoline. He has been wanting a "normal job" and I think has always believed he would not get one until he gets his GED and goes to college or something, although he still hadn't figured out 'what he wanted to do'. He has been in the courier bizness 5 1/2 years now, so he really knows a lot about it and the company he is with now is not moving him up or around in any good ways. I just am so excited and hopeful. I am probably getting my hopes up too much, which is always bad, but I can't stop it now, it is too late. He had his first interview today and they want him to come for two more interviews. The next one is on Tuesday, so I will be praying like crazy until then and appreciate anyone else doing the same.

1 comment:

Brent said...

That really is something to pray about! And, not to worry, I'm almost 40 and still am not exactly sure what I want to "do" when I grow up, so Jarrod's plenty ahead of the game!