Thursday, July 08, 2004

Laundr-o-mat and baby stories

Yesterday I had the dreaded task of going to the laundrymat, how ever you spell that. There is one real close to my house so it is not that big of a deal to drive there, but I live in a very hispanic neighborhood and area, so the dryers are always taken up and everyone around me is speaking a language I don't know. One thing I always realize when I go, though, is that hispanic people seem to be the happiest people. They usually have 50 kids running around and yet the women are just talking and laughing away while they do 10 loads of laundry, in a super hot room. Yesterday was no different. I got lucky because there was only one other lady there, so I got to split all my stuff between almost all the dryers and it went by pretty fast. She was so nice, though. I bet she was 80 years old or more, and she was trying to speak english to me, which made me feel like crap for not knowing any espaniol. She gave me her cart and I was thinking how some people can be really rude to big huge pregnant ladies and some people who deserve to be pampered (older ppl) try to take care of huge pregnant ladies. Anyway it was sweet of her to give up her cart, cuz it really does kill my back to carry a basket of wet clothes from my car into the laundrymat. I have a dryer at my house, you see. It is just MOODY! I don't know if it is the electrical wiring in this house or my dryer. I really NEED to check into it more, but do I ever? NO, I just go to the laundrymat when it quits working for a week, or in this case, two weeks. Anyway I guess I better do something about it SOON, since I can't let baby clothes go as long as I can let me and Jarrod's clothes go, haha.

oh as for my title, about baby stories, I am such a junkie for shows on baby stories, like when they are born, how the pregnancy goes, etc etc. I am not a TV person, but I do watch about an hour a day now catching up on all the possibilities of what could go wrong, trying to judge how painful it is goign to be to give birth naturally. Trying to decide if I should have an epidural or be brave super woman.

Ok well enough boring you for today, adios for now!


1 comment:

Brent said...

Tracy proudly and enthusiastically went for an epidural both times. Seems to me that science has provided a painless manner to deliver children...well...if you're asking me if the choice is either "pain" or "less pain," I'm pretty much taking "less pain" every time! :)