Sunday, July 11, 2004

sunny sunday

Well, I did it again, I slept in too late to go to church. I do it every week and get mad at myself every time. I totally enjoy going to church, yet I still don't make it part of my regularly scheduled programs. I keep thinking "maybe when the baby comes....." but how the heck could getting another person up and ready make things easier??? NO CLUE!

Yesterday Jarrod put up a shelf and clothes bar in the baby closet. I am so happy! We went to Home Depot to get the junk and like 1 hour later it was DONE. So that is awesome and I am so proud of him for just getting it done instead of putting the stuff in there for another day.

I also talked to a long lost friend (Sherry) yesterday. She got the shower invite and is coming so that is really cool, and I am glad it got us back in touch again after almost a year. She had some sad news, though. Her ex-boyfriend and her baby's daddy, died in February of an overdose. Her kiddo is about 3 1/2 yrs old I guess. Now he has no dad, not that his dad was much of a dad in the first place. She said the hardest part is that it is "permanent". So sad..... Makes me worry about my brother. Sometimes I think he is one of the careless druggies. I believe there are careless, lifelong druggies and more careful, temporary druggies. I have a wacky perspective on most things in life, but I truly believe this one. I just really hope that I am wrong about Franky.

So today I guess we might go to the horse races. Tonight my parents and Anna get back from Kanasas City and I will get to see some pictures of Gold! YIPPEE> I haven't seen pics of him in almost a year. So that will be cool, and thank God Anna is back cuz I totally need her help cleaning houses and I might have FOUR this week! YIKES.

Have a great day!!!!!!



3 comments:

Kendra said...

THat is so sad about Trevor. I feel badly for Sherry. Of course, she's been raising that kid by herself for some time now. I hope Frank comes out of this phase,too.

Caroline said...

i can't read my comments these days for some reason, i guess it is a curse for being greedy about comments......

Steph said...

i'm coming to your baby shower!! i'll RSVP with the ladies tomorrow -- is that ok? i hope it's not too late for them. i'm excited to see your pretty pregnant self. :)