Sunday, February 08, 2004

can't nobody take my pride... can't nobody hold me down...oh no

haha....... my long lost cuzin Ryan would be so proud of my quotation of p-diddy. Speaking of p-diddy, I read a lil sumthin sumthin about how his ex is suing for 35,000 dollars a month child support cuz his OTHER ex gets that much. HAHAH how funny.

Anywaysssssssss has anyone else seen "THIRTEEN"? I think this was some kind of artsy attempt at what rebellious 13 yr olds might be out there doing. Well let me just tell you that I was one of those 13 yr olds... I was even one of those 12 yr olds.. so the idea of the movie is SUPER believable. BUT they did such a cornball job of portraying it. For one they made BOTH moms white trashy and not so great moms. They could have showed both sides of the story by showing one middle class ma and one ghetto ma. That is just my opinion tho. And the manipulation of the brown haired chick well that is totally believable and I totally think that the worse of an influence you have the worse things can be. But a "worse" influence in a parents mind is the absolute most fun person on the planet to the 13 yr old being influenced! As for the sex, drugs and injuring themselves... watch out parents of females going through puberty. BIG reality check here. Girls seem to snap at the drop of a hat. One day they are sweet little girls w/ stuffed animals in their room, the next day they have black eyeliner and cut themselves. The thing is that to an outsider it seems like something that happens suddenly, and that is what I also didn't like about how the movie portrayed it... like suddenly she wanted to be like that. I can say from my point of view, I wanted to be bad from the time I was about 7 or 8... I was already thinking "bad stuff" when I was probably younger than that... I just had to wait til I could aquire the right look. Well a lot boils down to the look, the clothes, the makeup, hair etc... I look all cute and innocent in my pictures from age 10-12 but I wasn't. I even have diaries from age 9 that I still keep that I was so depressed and wanting to abuse myself already. Anyway, I guess the movie "13" was not too horrible, but I was sort of expecting it to be like what I experienced at that age, and it wasn't. It was a different kind of culture, and I dunno, it made it not so much about "FUN" like it was to me and my friends at that age......and more about the outward effects: sex, "drugs", sneaking out, lying... I think I am talking in circles now. I have lost my train of thought. ANyway, it is not a total waste of time, but is sort of disappointing. And if you weren't a wild and rebellious angry 13 yr old then you might watch it and say ya right anyone is like that in SEVENTH GRADE!!!!! Just to warn ya!

Okay enough for now. Tonight I scrapbooked w/ my mom and Anna for about 4 hours. It was so fun! I did 8 pages in my mom's scrapbook.... Cuz I didn't have my scrapbook over there! I want to make the baby's baby book a scrapbook instead of the regular baby book. I just need more housecleaning jobs and a winning lotto ticket! WOO HOO!

love you all who read, thanks so much! Don't forget to leave a comment saying Hi Caroline I read your blog. XOXO

No comments: