Sunday, March 05, 2006

New Post on Sunday

I always try to respond when someone complains that I am lacking in the blog posting area. haha. I was having a writer's block, so my mom suggested I type some stuff about Mahna-kins and my house cleaning adventures.

Here goes.

Mahna is so fun. It is wierd to me how being a parent you can understand your child's language. I can tell almost always what she is telling me or what she wants. I have also realized that she is spoiled and whiney sometimes because I have allowed her to become that way. She is also 18 mo. old so that has something to do with it! Today I took her outside and we blew some bubbles. The bubbles we have must be cheapos cuz they don't work very well. I want to buy her one of those toys that blows bubbles. I was going to look at "once upon a child" for one yesterday, but we were having too much fun with Jarrod. He was working on my parent's Jeep and Mahna and I were just playing in the front yard of my parents' house for a few hours. We collected leaves, went for a walk and played with Duplo's. She also realized she can climb in the decorative antique wheelbarrel that my mom has in one of her gardens. Everything Mahna does I think is cute. I do have to realize that not everyone else always thinks everything she does is cute. In my eyes she is wonderous, but I am sure in some other's eyes she is just a kid.

Friday I cleaned a house I had never cleaned before. It was just a one time cleaning, which I really enjoy these days. The house hadn't really been cleaned b/c bothe owners work full time, so I really took great pleasure in cleaning every nook and cranny of the place. One of the owners was so complimentary to my cleaning skills the whole time, it just almost makes it worth it without getting paid to make someone so happy. But I did get paid, and got a $15 tip! That does NOT happen. But it was cool and I am glad I got to do it. Last week I also cleaned a 3900 square foot house in less than four hours! We are talking 4 bathrooms people!!! ENORMOUS!

I would like to shout out to my buddy Jana who is going thru a very hard time right now and I really wish you all the best getting thru these hard days and weeks ahead.

Also, those of you who know what is up with my sister, I am not ignoring it or unaffected by it, I just don't feel comfortable typing it all up here on my blog, for the sake of her privacy and my family's.

Love you all, readers!
Caro

4 comments:

Joye said...

So you had a nice Sunday!!! She IS wondrous, Mama.

I wish I could afford to have you come make MY house that clean, it's been a long time!

Re your last paragraph, we've been lifting your whole family up in prayer and especially Sister.

Brent said...

Any kid playing with duplos is magic...

...and yes, no kid is as cute as your own kid, but since all parents think that, we let each other believe it.

And ditto what Joye said.

Caroline said...

Thanks for the prayers. That is THE OnLy thing that works.

Little Me said...

Yes, Mahna IS wonderous.
I wish I could clean so well. My house looks like it is lived in by 5 college students.
Re:your sis...I don't know (or need to know) the particulars, but we are praying too.