Friday, December 15, 2006

Well I still haven't called my long lost friend. It is just nice to know that I "can" now, I guess.

Mahna and I went to Southlake town square w/ my mom and gma last night. It is a really pretty peaceful place. All the lights and the fountain were really cool. We also went to a groovacious toy store called The Owl's Nest which I could have dropped a couple hundred bucks in last night easily. I noticed last night that I tend to gravitate toward looking for things my neices would like to have. It makes me wonder if I will "know" what Mahna likes when she is their age as much as I feel like I know what my neices like. I think I always want to buy something for them cuz I feel sorry for them not living with their parents. They don't have a grandma able to spoil them like my mom spoils Mahna, either. Mahna is blessed in a million ways. She has so much love from all angles and then my parents and grandma always showering her with gifts on top of that. She has four very cool aunties who love to play with her...... etc etc.

After that little outing we went to the snobby neighborhoods to check out their christmas light decor. Mahna really has enjoyed looking at Christmas lights this year. I have always liked looking at them too and it is cool to have an excuse now to do it a few times a week! :) We drive up and down the streets in our neighborhood looking at the same lights over and over when we are tight on time but no matter what it gives me some kind of peaceful feeling to look at lights on houses and trees when it is dark outside.

1 comment:

Joye said...

I love going to look at Christmas lights! We'll probably take the girls Monday night and then go to Starbucks for hot cocoa.