Wednesday, May 04, 2005

i feel like a princess!

I feel like a princess because I have a dishwasher, AND a stove! Yes thank you Casey! I actually have a pretty much normal kitchen. It stays clean looking most of the time now and it is just so awesome. I have also lost another four pounds so I am happy about that, I feel like i am on my way to where I want to be. I am still not on a really regular workout thing, but I am working toward it. I have a gym membership. It has free babysitting. Mahna hates it! Darn. But I figure eventually she will get used to it and enjoy the other lil kiddos and have a good time. Jarrod's job is pretty wacky right now. He started a new one and the deal is that he learns each route, as in running them for 2 wks and then someone is hired to run the route, he gets a different one and is in charge of phone calls and problems on the past route(s). So that is cool, except that he is doing two jobs at once now and getting paid one salary. He is really keeping his head up and looking toward the future benefits of it, but I know it is mentally grueling. The new route he started just two days ago starts at 6:30 AM in downtown dallas and ends at 5:15 pm. THIS is why I do not like the courier business. LONG days. Well hopefully it will lead up to a paid vacation and office job w/ no need for buying a tank of gas every other day. We will see! my dryer is working today, which those who know me know that is rare. I am happy to be doing LAUNDRY. yes I am a domestic wierdo. Haha. This is the first time I have done Mahna's laundry in 3 wks. She is lucky enough to have a very LARGE wardrobe. This also has to do with the fact she can still wear things she was wearing at Thanksgiving. she is just a little peanut child. Weighing maybe 15 pounds these days. Poor thing has a cold right now and it really does make her miserable at times. She is a busy one nonetheless. Crawling all over the house, eating the cat's food and opening up cabinets. So far I think it is pretty fun chasing her. Cleaning jobs have been pretty good lately. I guess it really comes in spurts and this is a busy spurt. My grandma is out of town visiting her sister, who has alzheimers, which must be very hard for her since her sister was her best friend growing up. She usually babysits Mahna and really LOVES the job. My mom has been watching Mahna this week and Mahna is sick so not so much fun to watch, but they do like eachother a lot and are cute together. My mom is very good at getting her to take a nap on her chest. So sweet! Well I better go. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Steph said...

i like your stream of consciousness style, caroline. my addy is sick with a cold too. it sucks! she's so miserable. do you have any advice? i'm happy for you that the whole casey thing is working out. tell your hubby that he is a good daddy to work so hard for you guys.

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed my little peanut of a Mahna. I love having her and I LOVE her---and she LOVES me too!!!