Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Take the good with the bad

The day started out bad. My dear lovely soulmate friend Bryn moved to Idaho. My husband asked me to find us an apartment so we can move in the next two weeks. He is having too too many problems with his brother, and parents. It is a situation coming to a boiling point.

The day has gotten better because I got a LAPTOP!!!!!!!!! Anyone who has been around me at all lately has known that is ALL I have had on my mind. I wanted to purchase one with credit on DELL.COM but could only qualify for 18% interest and UM NO!!!! So my mom offered to let me get a computer on their credit and pay them back. Jarrod said NO MORE BORROWING (I borrowed b/c of tuition and car repairs before) and that I would have to save up for it. Well I saved up almost $200 so far, so it was in the future for me but not the IMMEDIATE future. Today my mom asked if I could come over and wait for a delivery she had coming and might not be here for. So after touring a crappy but cheap apartment close to my gym in Lewisville I solemly drove over to package sit for her. Much to my shock and oh my gosh just SHOCK my dad had bought me a laptop!!! He said I can trade in my old laptop and the Macintosh that i have for this one! Where else could I get such a great deal??? I mean my laptop is worth didly but the Mac is actually sellable and loaded for anyone who would be LOOKING for a Mac. So I am just on cloud nine! This screen is enormous! It has wireless, 512 mb memory and I can burn CDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW!!!!!! I am going to be up all night now! ha! This is so killer it just makes everything okay. Of course Jarrod is not thrilled. he wanted to teach me a lesson and lost on that one but he will enjoy the computer too. HOORay!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Brent said...

Yeah, I had to learn that same lesson Jarrod is learning...that sometimes my wife's parents simply enjoy giving gifts to her.

Once you learn that lesson, that it isn't fair to rob parents the joy of giving to their children, well, it helps you enjoy it, too.

Anonymous said...

Once, while I wasn't looking, a cat jumped in my lap.

damn cat.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your friend moving away. I hate that. and
congrats on your laptop, how cool!

cincin21 said...

Very Cool! (About time the Parents GAVE you something .... you deserve even more ...)