Sunday, May 28, 2006

no ocean :(

Well I didn't get to go to Galveston. I could have pushed harder for it, but Anna ended up having to work this weekend, so she couldn't go and I didn't want to be the only girl. I probably could have dealt with that but I also thought Jarrod would have fun with an all guy weekend. So him and his best friend and his two brothers packed up the van, hooked up the jet ski and left at 6 a.m. Saturday. Mahna and I have a cold so we were up and down thru the night and after she ate 3 mini bowls of cheerios this morning we made it over to my parent's house around 11:30. Kendra, Anna and I made lots of yummy food like Italian cream cake, guacamole, an amazing salad (that was alll kendra, but you should all try blsamic vinegar, feta cheese and red pepper in your salad) and manicotti. Dad made steaks and brauts and we had a grand feast. We also spent a lot of time in the pool. Mahna was scared of the pool a few weeks ago, but thanks to my mom's persistance she loves the water once again. I am not sure what made her afraid of it in the first place but it seems to be all but over for now. If it had only been up to me, I would have given in to my child's every tear and discomfort and she would be looking at the pool thru the living room window all summer. So thank God for my mom and for my grandma and well pretty much everyone in my family and Jarrod's who touches Mahna's growth in a positive way. It isn't the ocean, but then again there is a shower just seconds away and NO SAND so hey! It's a good weekend.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

hey, are you getting a house?