Tuesday, March 06, 2007

over the hump?

Okay, I think I might be over this depression hump that was driving me bonkers. I guess the truth is if you just get out of the house for a few hours you can feel 100 times better. I never thought it could be that "easy". Of course Jarrod had to be bribed, but he agreed to watch both kids (gma and GG weren't available) for a few hours on Saturday. Well I left at 10:30 and didn't get back until almost 5:30 (honestly did NOT mean to stay gone that long). I never told my friend J, that I was having a hard time, feeling sad or angry or anything. I guess she just knew cuz she bribed my husband and took me to a freaking amazing spa all day on Saturday. It was the four seasons in Las Colinas..... Oh my gosh. This place is so ritzy I just was in absolute awe. Everyone who worked there was so kind and accomodating (sp?) and we were pampered and waited on hand and foot. She got a facial and I got a massage. It went by way too fast... We had a fancy lunch, drank champagne in the biggest hot tub I have ever seen. (Is there some medical advice against doing that cuz I was prettty buzzed after one glass?) And yesterday my gma watched Mahna so I could go shopping for two hours. I got a couple of new pictures for our living room wall and spent the rest of our tax money on a months supply of diapers, wipes and cat food. How BORING is that. Oh well, it is a good feeling to have a stocked up supply.
I realized this morning that the picture on my Myspace profile is like one of the only pictures of me and Cole. I have to remember to ask people to take our picture once in a while so he doesn't grow up to think I was never with him! haha. Boy it sure is different with a second kiddo. I let him cry much more than I did Mahna. But I think it's good, too. I never thought it back then, but I did spoil Mahna really bad and therefor later on I could never leave her with anyone else. If someone was holding her and she started crying I immediately took her away. Last night Jarrod's parents held Cole the whole time we were at their house, and he only fussed a couple of times. He really is getting cuter and cuter. He is a chubbalubby weighing almost 13 lb at 2 mos old. He is playing with his hands these days and looking around at stuff for longer periods of time. It's really cute and I am falling more in love with him. Well today I have a million errands to run and laundry, dishes...... And maybe just maybe I will try to finish Cole's baby announcements! HAHAHAH Thank u for the comments Brent and Kendra, thanks for caring. :)

2 comments:

Joye said...

Caroline, PLEASE call me if you struggle with the D word again. Been there. Actually, Lindsay was too, after kid #2. So don't go through it alone, call us. 'K?

Little Me said...

I'm glad you got out. I feel better when I get off on my own some times too. We really need to get together. It would be a zoo, but we still haven't introdued Cole & George.
Hope you're feeling ok.