Friday, January 05, 2007

what's going on

Howdy readers. Thanks for the comments. My sweet little babykins is one week old now. And what a crazy week it has been..... He was born Thursday, we came home Saturday. Could have stayed til Monday but it was lonely and HOSPITALS SUCK. By the time we got home Mahna was pretty sick with fever and a bad cough. Lots of crying and not a lot of sleeping. Holiday weekend so we couldn't take her to the DR til Tuesday when we found out she has ear infection and medicine is working for her now and she is getting back to her old self. Cole had to go to the DR Tues and his biliruben levels were up. Mom had to take Mahna to the "sick waiting room" DR and I had to take Cole to the healthy side, it was a long day. THANKYOUMOM> So since his levels were up we had to go back again Weds, his levels are still at 11.8 but it isn't serious til 20 so they are assured that with lots of eating and sitting by the window in the sunlight he will be A-OK. My incision started bleeding Monday night so Tuesday I went to the DR as well, thinking they would say I worry too much and am a huge hypochondriac (sp?) Well I hadn't taken pain medicine that morning because after my appt we had to take the kids and I wanted a clear head. SO turns out they had to reopen the top layer of my incision and shove a bunch of guaze in my 1 inch deep wound. (it hurt just a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny little bit HA) So while I am trying to listen thru a cloud of tears and crazy pain, my DR is attempting half ass to explain to me how for the next four weeks my husband and mom will have to change this guaze and bandage twice a day and I will have to heal from the inside out. Oh and don' t do any housework or lift anything over 10 lbs. So I am officially only good for one thing: breastfeeding Cole. How fun is life? Once again I am so thankful for my mom and grandma who have taken care of Mahna all week while Jarrod has been at work and done all my laundry, dishes, cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking meals and driving to many many DR appointments. On the pessimistic side I feel caught in a bad dream because for me, it hurts my pride to have to ask for help and I constantly feel like I am getting on everyone's nerves. On the optimistic side, I could be forced to pay someone to help me or ask from those I don't know very well for help. Ok, well I finally posted an update and I surely wish it could have been more boring like "all is well yada yada" but this was more fun wasn't it?????? :) Everyone loves a little drama.

3 comments:

Joye said...

Hey, drama queen, someday this will be just a good story you can hold over Cole's head to guilt him into treating his mama right. :D

I've been keeping tabs on you through your mom, and haven't called you because Mahna's sick, but I'd like to come see the baby. And give you his gift before he outgrows it!!! Let me know when you're receiving visitors, okay?

Joye said...

Also, I'm praying for your healing. How painful and inconvenient. Love you.

Little Me said...

That is really icky! I am sorry for you problem with your incision! I wish I could help you out, but my hands are quite full. I guess you've got a lot of help already. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help, let me know. Even just company?
George is about to outgrow his 0-3month things. I don't imagine you need any clothes for Cole, but I thought I'd offer- do you want them?