Sunday, August 22, 2004

effects of pregnancy

For those of you who want to have a baby or are about to, let me tell you about the ninth month of this beautiful experience. The baby is so large that even if you are a chubby girl like me u can see the baby moving around in your stomach. The movements are so large it is really neat and makes you so curious about seeing the baby for the first time soon. Now for the bad stuff. Have you ever had heartburn? It is horrid feeling. The belly gets to be bigger than a basketball, I would say and it is also hard like a basketball, so it is not just like being fat and squishy, you can't move around it. It is hard to shave your legs after a certain point. Painting your own toenails is pretty much out. Sleeping is not comfort anymore. I sleep with five pillows and I still barely get a few hours some nights, because no matter what my back has piercing pains. My hips hurt, my arms fall asleep easily. When I turn from side to side my stomach contracts, as in the whole thing gets rock hard and hurts to the point you can just lay there and wait for a few seconds til it goes away. As of today I have 9 days until my scheduled C Section. I am not too scared yet. I am anxious to get a normal type body back, and I am anxious to take care of a baby. I am scared of how things will change in me and Jarrod's relationship, but I am praying for the best. I am looking forward to exercising again in a few weeks. The more I have read about what can happen after vaginal birth, the more that I am glad I am having a surgical birth. I am not upset at all about not "experiencing childbirth". I think I will be a good mom anyway, no matter how my child comes into the world. So here I go on the countdown..........

1 comment:

Brent said...

I think you'll be a good mom, too.