Monday, February 26, 2007

whattaweek

Wow, what a whirlwind week we had. Jarrod had a 3 day weekend so that was cool (last wknd) then my long lost cuzin Ryan and his g/f came Monday, left Tuesday to go see the ocean. Tuesday, Mahna, Cole, Me, Mom and Anna drove to Austin to see Kendra. Cole screamed most of the way there and well although it was fun to 'be' in Austin and to see Kendra's new apartment and her jobby job, I found out the hard way what my mom meant about "it might not be worth it" to make a two day trip w/ two little kiddos. I had high expectations and had to readjust my way of thinking. I don't know how to explain it except that it seems like if one kid is being calm, the other one is not. So there aren't long lulls of peacefullness! :) But we had fun staying in our own hotel room at the seminary housing in Austin. We pushed the two twin beds together and, Cole Mahna and I had a big huge bed all to ourselves. The rooms were like $25 a night, so no TV set in there. That made it better for lots of imaginary playing and reading Mahna books or singing songs. So then we came back Thurs. and Cole slept the whole way home and Mahna was an angel! That afternoon my mom and I took them to get their 1st portrait taken together. Wow was that crazy too. My stress level went thru the roof and I had trouble hiding it, if u get my drift. I think I need some anti freaking out medicine. Like I don't really want to be on anti-anxiety medicine all the time, but if there was some kind of thing you could take just once in a while when you knew you might blow your top..... I don't know. I never thought I'd be saying these things. N E WAY I feel like I am making this post TOO long.

But My cuz and his g/f Deana came back Thurs night and stayed thru Sunday. We had such a great time, went shopping and hanging out w/ the fam, playing games and cooking. I have lots o' great pics so hopefully I can post some in a while.
Thanks for reading!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I gotta hand it to you - making a trip like that! It's amazing you haven't gone totally gray yet. :)

Nursing makes most of the "good" things out of the question anyway (booze, pot, tranqs...) but what about valerian? It's an herbal (which doesn't mean it's safe for nursing moms) but it might be worth a look-see.

Hope you have a peaceful night tonite,
Lori