Sunday, February 04, 2007

SOr-E CathY HEE HEE

You know I don't really think that TV makes kids less intelligent. There are so many educational preschool shows on tv. I feel like Mahna has gotten a lot of different play ideas from the shows she has watched. I mean, I do think it needs to be limited, cuz Mahna would pretty much sit on the couch all day somedays if I let her. But she also has a cute Little Tykes slide (good idea mom) in the living room that she climbs all over while semi-watching or listening to her shows. Anyway I can see as how they get older it could be worse, but for now I think it's all good. Maybe it also depends on us parents paying attention to every element of our kiddo each day. I think the biggest thing that teaches my kiddo, is being around other kids! We went to MOPS last week and I was amazed at how many cute little new things she was doing when we got home. She was also pretty independent right when I picked her up from her "class" at MOPS. She said "me had fun!" and was skipping down the hallway. She wanted to wear her diaperbag/backpack on her OWN back and did NOT want me to carry her across the parking lot to the car. I wish I could take her to church today for sunday skewl but I can't take Cole yet, so maybe next week.

So it is SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! That means lots of yummy foooooood and some funny commercials hopefully. I think I saw somewhere the Prince was doing the halftime show. Did I dream that or was that a joke commercial? I would like to see him perform so if it is really him that is groovy. Have you seen the commercials for that dip you can make with cream cheese, chili and grated cheddar dipped in Ritz crackers? MMM that looks so good and I intend to make it TODAY! That is if Jarrod gets out of bed soon so I can go to the store. I still can't take Cole out in "public" but hopefully by the end of this week I can start doing that.

Sometimes on the weekends Jarrod, me and Mahna stay up until 1 in the morning playing and watching tv *usually her shows* and eating snacks. We did that last night and it was pretty fun. I like well actually love nights like that when we are all just on one level happy and family-like. No one is too busy doing this or that, we can all just sit and chill out. So we did that last night and I was hoping it meant sleepin' in today for Mahna and I but no such luck. She was up at 9 as was Cole. Well I am not tired yet but will be around 3 or so......

2 comments:

Joye said...

So did you make the dip? How was it? It looked yummy in the commercial.

Caroline said...

didn't get to make the dip cuz I forgot to buy cream cheese ahead of time..... boo hoo