Sunday, August 27, 2006

and the beat goes on

I'm sure there aren't many people checking my blog but if you are, thanks for caring! :) Well we have moved into our house and are semi unpacked. The house is twice what we were living in. We were in about 800 sq. feet and now are in 1570 sq. feet. SO it looks kind of empty! :) I love having carpet, though. It makes Mahna really happy to be able to run back and forth through the house. We have major plumbing repairs going on right now. When the owner had the foundation fixed, the ground was very dry and of course moving a house up the plastic pipes BREAK. So far we have had 6 leaks under the house fixed. The contractor said that is more than he has ever seen. It is already costing the seller of the house over $5000 to fix so far. We have a huge hole in the ground on the side of our house, one through Cole's bedroom wall (those of you who don't know, that is my son's name who is due in January), and one through the floor of our garage. So we are kind of half living in half the house. Our bathroom vanity is going to be completely torn out and the wall redone, we are putting in a new toilet, Cole's wall will have to be fixed and the garage floor. We haven't been able to hook up our washing machine yet because one of the leaks is right under the utility room, and our dryer is broken anyway so that will be the NEXT project. Also our back sliding door sticks really badly. We knew this before we moved in but not the extent of it. So we need to put in new doors asap. Luckily Casey can do it for us so the doors should hopefully only be about $300.
I tell you what tho! House equals money money money! Luckily I have gotten a watering flowers job for the next month or so which pays a little and won't take much time/energy. I may have a new cleaning job thanks to VALERIE! :) Jarrod's job seems to be going better. Unfortunately he got in a car wreck last week. Thank God he is physically okay. His car is undrivable though, so he has a rental. The wreck was not his fault, and Casey can fix the car as soon as the other person's insurance company pays up!
I believe I experienced a small miracle at church today. The last 3-4 weeks either me or mom has tried putting Mahna in Sunday School and she was freaking out so bad that she couldn't stay. I almost went and did laundry this morning instead of going to church, but instead we went. I prayed for Mahna to please go to SUnday School and have a good time and let me sit through church, even though we were 20 minutes late. Well turns out it started late today anyway, Mahna walked right in, got her nametag, gave it to the teacher and told me BIE. I was so shocked and I really enjoyed the service (great job, MiKe!) Then when I went to get Mahna one of the women working in there went on and on about how smart Mahna is and how well she did today, and was so content playing with puzzles. I was like WOA! So that was cool.
Now I am doing laundry at mom's house (thank you mom!) and Mahna is napping in her PJ's at 2:30 in the afternoon.
TOodLES

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I had no idea you were going to be able to move in so quickly! I'm glad the seller is paying for the bulk of the improvements.
I'm also grateful that Jarod's job situation is improved and that he wasn't hurt in the accident. It sounds like Casey is a real fixerupper kinda guy. Very handy to have around, I'm sure.

I can't believe Mahna's turning 2 already. It seems like just a year ago that she was born, but that's probably cuz I don't see you guys enuff.

Best of luck in the new home.
Love,
Lori & Spencer

Brent said...

Home ownership means there's ALWAYS something that you SHOULD be doing...

...and Tracy and I have lived in our house almost 9 years now and we're still semi-unpacked.

Joye said...

I'm sure happy for y'all. Even with problems, YOU OWN YOUR OWN HOME! Major blessing.

Little Me said...

Congratulations! I need to come see your new home when it is ready... come to think of it, you need to come see mine too! We were forced to unpack a lot when our garage (where our boxes were) got flooded a couple weekends ago. At least we were forced to get rid of some stuff.

Kendra said...

now...you should blog about your trip!