Thursday, September 01, 2005

Chancy Choice and depression




Hello again. As you may notice we got Mahna's ears pierced for her birthday. I have been debating it ever since she was tiny. I would say NO way am I getting her ears pierced, then well, maybe I will........ Well together Jarrod and I decided we would go for it on her bday. She was amazing. She totally didn't get upset. She got spooked for just a minute and then was fine as soon as she got her sucker. I felt like the worst mom sitting there getting her ears pierced. The girl who did it (at Piercing Pagoda) was so professional. I am really glad we didn't go to Claires. I guess I feel the need to explain my reasoning behind getting her ears pierced at one year old. I figure at this young of an age she woulnd't notice them very much and I can take good care of them for her and let them heal before she is old enough to mess with them. She has not even TOUCHED them since they got pierced...which amazes me. I have seen my niece go through several ear piercings..... and she is 9 now and does not have pierced ears anymore but has so much scar tissue from them being pierced and closing up weeks or months later that she might not ever have normal pierced ears. I also figure with a little glimmer of hope that if she doesn't remember the feeling of being pierced maybe she won't catch the piercing/self mutilation bug that I had. Not that I am really against piercing or regret any of my piercings... but the self destructive desire to HURT myself, that was not good. Blah blah blah....... my problems are minute and unimportant. I am so hooked on watching the news about New Orleans right now I am literally obsessed. I am home watching on TV, I am in the car listening. I am on the phone discussing......... It's just so sad. So horribly devastating.
But back to my meaning less problems. I am depressed for myself on top of Louisiana, because we had planned to go to Austin to celebrateKendra's bday tomorrow and then go to San Antonio to visit Jana Sun and Monday. Well I can't go now!!!!!!!!!! It is my own choice, but I am trying to be responsible. I caught a cold/sinus infection this past weekend and it is getting worse. I am going to the DR tomorrow but even getting medicine tomorrow isn't enough to ensure I wouldn't be contagious to Jana and her family. She has two little kiddos who I would feel so horrible for getting sick. I guess I am a wierdo because no one else seems to understand why I don't want to spread my germs around to healthy people. Maybe my conscious is out of control! haha. Anyway I am really upset because I have been looking forward to this weekend for over a month and now it is ruined. Not to mention I have to go to the DR and spend every penny I made this week to get myself healthy. (no insurance) Oh well........ life goes on, and shame on me for pitying myself when there are people sleeping in mounds of people in convention centers and arenas, with little hope of ever recovering their earthly belongings and some of them mourning lost loved ones. It weighs heavy on your heart, doesn't it?

No comments: