Monday, January 23, 2006

forcing it

Ok I am forcing myself to post because I have a couple minutes, Mahna free. Unfortunately it is 11 pm and I am TIRED and want to go sleepy Poo. I made coffee cake for my friend Cindy and I to enjoy over coffee at 9 a.m. tomorrow. I hope it tastes closely to as good as my mommy's used to. I finally jumpstarted my "get on the right track" in January thing. I have actually exercised hardcore 3 times in the last week. I have been praying more and I found my bible. Hey it is a start. It is better than what I was doing last week. I have been spending lots of good quality time with Mahna lately, too. Or maybe just appreciating it more lately. She is so much fun. So playful. I see why people can't wait for their kiddo to grow out of baby stage. I just didn't realize what I was missing several months ago. I do try to make the most out of these days we have together where I am not cleaning for anyone. I try not to ever clean on Mondays, so we always have Sat. Sun and Monday straight. I am not cleaning tomorrow either, but Weds thurs and Friday this week I am booked solid! I have had 4 new people approach me in the last 2 weeks! It feels good to be in demand. It is not a bad thing to be making extra money shortly before we invest in our first home. I want to pay off as much junk as possible and live off cash or maybe even save a little to the side besides our "house fund". Jarrod and I are so excited about getting a house. It is our shared excitement that makes it even better. I just have to say that in so many ways he and I are polar opposites. Music, personalities, beliefs (some) and socially. BUT when we do have something in common it just makes it so much better! Back to my Smirnoff Ice and nighty night Ya'll!

2 comments:

Brent said...

What I've found to be cool is that those differences we see in our spouses are usually the things we like and admire about them.

Kendra said...

good job on the spiritual/physical health stuff. I know its kind of cheezy to 'restart' in January since that's what everyone does, but in a way its helpful because you know you're not the only one who has been a slacker. I've been trying to exercize regularly too and at times I feel like I don't trust myself to keep doing it, but you just have to take it one day at a time. Then its not as overwhelming. So, how soon on the house?