Monday, August 13, 2007

gratitude

how do you stop negative thoughts and feelings? replace them with positive ones. start by being thankful for everything.

tonight I am grateful for my mom, my husband, my daughter, my son and my house. i am thankful to live in America and have a brain that works and a body that is healthy. i am thankful for my friends and my church. i am thankful for my sisters and for my brother. i am thankful for all the family that i have close and far and that we all love eachother so much and stay connected so consistantly. i am thankful for my grandma and that she is going to have a really neat 80th birthday party next month. i am thankful for the love I get from my husband and children, more love than i ever deserve. i am thankful for the car my dad is lending me and that it has air conditioning. i am thankful for Golden having a steady life since his birth and i am thankful he is such an interesting and intelligent person. i am thankful that my parents love eachother. i am thankful that jarrod's parents love eachother. i am thankful for my sisters in law. i am thankful for my old friends and my new friends. i am thankful for people who patiently continue to show God's love and grace to the world, however frustrating and unfair it gets.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try this when I feel negative. Thanks for sharing...

Kendra said...

that last line is the most beautiful thing i've read all day...and so true.

Joye said...

I'm thankful for you. You bless me.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for the spirit of God, who changes me...slowly...I tend to be worse than the rest.

JT

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for my precious daughter, Caroline, who blessed me with such gorgeous and perfect grandchildren!!!!!!!

Gramma Dar