Saturday, May 05, 2007

try something new


Mahna got an easel from grandma yesterday, so first thing when she wakes up this morning she wants to "paint a picture for grandma". I was nervous at first thinking what a mess I was about to have on my hands. I held my tongue giving her the paintbrush. I suppressed my control issues and decided to just let her figure out "how to paint" by herself. She did awesome! Of course every parent thinks their kid is the most talented, but I AM just like every other parent. She made some really awesome pictures and had a certain person in mind for each one. Here is my little wonder at her easel.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

I really like this post - and want a copy of that picture, what a cutie!!! We have to encourage the teachers at my school to do more art with the kids and not be afraid of messes. Embrace the messes! It's fun! I can't wait to see what else she comes up with.

Anonymous said...

I just thought she MIGHT be a Picasso!!!! Of course, I am the GRAMMA!!!!!!!!!!!! (You might take the price sticker off or someone might think I'm a cheapskate!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Love to you both!!!!!!!

Brent said...

The end result is always worth any mess created by the process!

Joye said...

Will we get to see posts of Mahna's artwork?