Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Mahna's First Sporting Event

Saturday we took Mahna to her first baseball game. Granted she is little young...only 2 1/2 but she had a ball. She clapped when everyone clapped. She got to eat ice cream out of mini baseball cap and tried cotton candy for the first time. I wish I could have captured a picture of her face after that first bite. It was like total suprise that such a wierd thing would taste so yummy! We were up on the second level so the players were pretty small and when they hit the ball I tried to semi-explain the game to her and she kept asking "whats next momma?" I think her favorite thing was that the seats retracted up and down. Or maybe it was just that she got to be an only child for a night again. Enjoy the pictures!




3 comments:

Brent said...

This post made my day.

It made me remember my early trips to the ballpark with my kids. We'd take coolers (they allow that here) and have popsicles and stuff ourselves. The younger would want to go home when the cooler was empty (by about the 4th inning) and the oldest would ask a series of "why" questions from the minute we walked in until we put her in bed back at home.

There's something timeless & uniquely American about taking your kid to the ball game. Even if you don't like sports, it's something that feels like should be done.

Kendra said...

I LOVE THESE PICTURES!!! YOu have a beautiful daughter

Joye said...

She's losing her baby face.:( (sniff)