Wednesday, February 15, 2006

so much to say and so little time

I have been insanely busy lately. More work than I can almost handle. I kind of wish I could take on a partner, but I am my business and I don't want to turn it "un personalized". I have been working about 4 days a week, and sometimes doing two houses in one day. I like the money, and Mahna loves the time with her gramma Dar and her G.G.

Today I am working on my taxes. UGH! It is complicated because Jarrod is an independent contractor and we have to deduct miles, etc. We were hoping to get back a good chunk this year to hurry up and pay off the rest of our debt. Unfortunately it is not working out.

We have been actively looking for a house to buy. We found one on "Cypress" in Lewisville. This is close to 3040 in between the mall and Flower Mound. If anyone knows where USA Fitness gym is it is close to that. This house is cool cuz it is 2000 square feet and that is much bigger than any of the other houses in our price range. Unfortunately it also needs a lot of work, like a roof and new carpet and new windows. We will see what happens. I know God has a plan for us.

Mahna is a little busy body. She starts going and going the second she wakes up in the morning. Right now she is running back and forth across the house getting into anything she can along the way. She is a neat freak, already, though. She likes to clean up her messes and loves to help me throw things in the trash can. Everything has to be "just so" or she gets upset. It is amusing at times!

Well I have tons of laundry to catch up on and a big mess of a house! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

wow! a house. that's so grown up. do you think you want a fixer upper? Could be fun. I think it would be cool if you lived off 3040, especially since you'd have a more direct route between your house and mom's.

Brent said...

Me and Mahna would get along fabulously. I like things "just so" or I get upset, too.

And...houses really become fun once they have enough life in them to call them a "home." Buying that initial house is such a great memory for Tracy and me.

Steph said...

maybe she likes to be clean b/c of all the times you took her with you (in your belly and after) as you were cleaning houses. she's so cute.