Saturday, September 15, 2007

hearts

My grandma is turning 80 on Sunday and my mom is throwing a party for her. We sent out 150 invites and so far 85 are coming. In the invites we asked people to send in a memory of my grandma to me or my mom for a scrapbook. We had no idea what it would become. It is the largest scrapbook I have ever seen. It is about 100 pages of notes, cards, poems, pictures and letters saying thank you or I love you or you impacted my life in this way or that. It is just so inspirational to see. I keep thinking how I would love to have a book of letters from everyone I have known. I mean all of these people love my grandma enough to stop and write something. I can't wait for her to get it tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there. Please send pictures. I know it will be great.

Cathy

Kendra said...

Caroline - thank you for putting the book together. you've done a beautiful job. AHH! I need to sleep. BYE,

Joye said...

Just got home from the trip. How was the party? What was her reaction to everything? I know you can't give me details here, I'll call you tomorrow. Hope it was wonderful.